Alexis' Marathon Training

I am training to run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October. I am raising money for Team In Training for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This is documenting my progress in both training and informing people of fundraising events.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I am in week two of my 16 week Marathon training and I am really excited. I have been logging about 15-18 miles a week with a lot of cross training (biking!). I was in Niagara-On-The-Lake, On Canada for 9 days for some meetings with work. It was perfect weather for biking their on and off road trails. Some friends of mine spent the weekend with me and we did the Short Hills which is a provincial park just southwest of NOTL and the Falls. It was pretty technical but lots of fun! We biked the waterfront path from St. Catherines to Port Dalhousie and also the Niagara Parkway path from NOTL to the Falls. Needless to say I was exhausted on Monday morning after all this biking and was falling asleep in the meetings at work!

I did my first training run with Team In Training (TNT) on Saturday morning. We did about 9.5 miles at Valley Forge. I was a little unprepared and not hydrated enough and ended up feeling really nauseated all Saturday and Sunday. I learned my lesson and have been really deliberate about hydration the past few days. Last night I met a couple of the guys from the LAB, a bible study I am involved with, and we rode about 22 miles from Betzwood toConshohocken. It was a great ride, slow and steady, exactly what I needed!

My Fundraising letter are in the mail and everyone (and I mean everyone) should be receiving theirs very soon. If you don't get a letter, please let me know and I'll send you one! Or you can go to my website and donate right online with a credit card www.active.com/donate/tntepa/aamoretti . On July 18, 2006 we are going to be holding our first fundraising event at Kildare's Pub in King Of Prussia, PA. There will be free appetizers and John Francis and Sara Heintz will be performing. For directions to Kildare's go to www.kildarespub.com . For info about the music go to www.johnfrancismusic.com they are both local Philly musicians and we think they are outstanding!! I'll give more details the end of the week when we have everything finalized with the restaurant and musicians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home