Alexis' Marathon Training

I am training to run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October. I am raising money for Team In Training for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This is documenting my progress in both training and informing people of fundraising events.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Three More Weeks

Wow! I am floored that I only have three more weeks of training left until the marathon! This summer just flew by, and fall is here! I am definately enjoying running in these cooler temperatures, I hope San Francisco is this nice. I am so glad that many of you have kept up with my progress and continue to ask me about it. I also wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who came out Wednesday night and participated in our fundraiser at Pizzeria Uno's.

To keep you updated on my running; this weekend will be my last long run (over 12 miles) before the race. I will be running 18-20 miles on Saturday so think of me as you sip your coffee and kick back and relax! I've actually enjoyed my long runs and have even gotten my mother to bike along with me as I run! My favorite spots are Forbidden drive and the Perkiomen trail. These trails seem to be kinder on my knees than the hard pavement at Valley Forge. Speaking of knees, my knee continues to heal and the only problems I have are on the long runs. The pain is bearable and is getting better as I keep at the training. I continue to ice it and rest it when needed.

I've been thinking a lot about the race and the biggest question I come up with is: How am I ever going to finish? My goal is to finish within 4 1/2 -5 hours. I am also going to allow myself to walk portions if it. If you are interested I added the link to the blog page for the race. You can actually see a topography map of the race! Check out the hill between mile 6 & 7. That might just do me in!! All in all I am really excited about the race and being involved with a great organization like Team in Training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home